How To Measure
Print pdf version
Decorama Blinds are manufactured to the measurements you provide. Have on hand a
steel measuring tape, paper and pencil, and a step ladder for high measurements. Please
follow these guidelines carefully.
- Decide if your blinds will be inside or outside the window frame.
- Always use a steel tape measure for accuracy. DO NOT use a cloth tape.
- Measure and round off to the nearest mm. Check in several places in case the window is
not perfectly square.
- If deductions are necessary, the factory will make the allowances. Do not make these
- First, measure WIDTH, write it down. Clearly indicate this measurement
is the width.
- Second, measure DROP, write it down. Clearly indicate this measurement
is the length.
- It is very common to transpose measurements. Always
indicate the WIDTH measurement first, then the HEIGHT
last. (e.g.. 2150w x 1530d or 2150 x 1530)
- Remember one very important thing when measuring for
an inside mount - Take the ACTUAL WINDOW OPENING SIZE to give to us, our factory
will take all the proper allowances for it to fit into that opening.
- Double check ALL measurements.
|Inside Mount (recessed)
Whenever possible, we recommend an inside mount for a more finished appearance. If you
have decided on an inside mount, we will need you to provide us with the window opening
measurements. A deduction will be made to ensure proper operation and provide enough
allowance for the blinds not to rub against the frame.
- WIDTH: Measure the EXACT width of the window in three places. Use the
narrowest width measurement.
- DROP: Measure the EXACT DROP of the window in three places. Use the
shortest height measurement.
- Window Depth: The space from the windows outer edge to the back of the
window (or obstructions such as handles).
Outside mounts will make windows appear bigger and can be used to advantage to hide
unattractive windows. The window covering will hang outside the actual window frame, over
lapping the window frame enough to cover for maximum privacy and light blockage.
- Specify the EXACT WIDTH and EXACT DROP you want the
end product to be. Your product will be made exactly as you specify with no deductions.
- The normal width is measured to the full extent of the architrave.
- If you have no architraves - to minimize light gaps and obtain maximum privacy, add
100mm on each side. If you wish add extra length to the drop if blind not to the floor.
A Word About Accuracy
In order to accurately price and custom manufacture blinds, precision measurements are
necessary. All dimensions indicated on the order form must be absolutely correct to ensure
proper fit. We cannot be accountable for inaccurate measurements! If you have questions
about measuring, be sure to call us before placing your order.
Thank you for stopping by.
Decorama Home Page